Every month, find out all about the sustainable market bonds news in our newsletter
« MySustainableCorner ».
This month in a nutshell
- European parliament adopts new rules on binding pay-transparency measures, making easier for employees to compare salaries and expose existing gender pay gaps.
- The Banque de France stepped up its climate commitments, and affirmed its goal of aligning all equity components with a global warning trajectory of 1.5°C by end-2025.
- Bruno Le Maire, the French Minister of Economy and Finance, said that the 5% savings measures requested from the ministries for 2024 will make it possible to release 7 billion euros that will be used in particular to finance the ecological transition.
- The IIGCC published a new framework aiming at helping investors to assess alignment of oil and gas compagnies’ transition plans with a 1.5°C climate scenario.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency proposes new pollution standards for cars and trucks to accelerate transition to a clean transportation future.
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development issued a 2 billion euro-denominated sustainable bond.
Figure of the month
The European Commission approves €450M Italian scheme to support Investment in the integrated production of renewable hydrogen and renewable electricity. This initiative is in line with the Green Deal Industrial Plan.
Market returns (%)
Data as of 04/28/2023 - Sources : Bloomberg MSCI Euro Green Bond Index et Bloomberg MSCI Global Green Bond Index
Sustainable issuances evolution ($ Bn)
Sources : Bloomberg/Ostrum AM – Data as of 03/31/2023