Every month, find out all about the sustainable market bonds news in our newsletter
« MySustainableCorner ».
Topic of the month
- The European Union sets standards to avoid greenwashing: provisional agreement for the creation of a EU Green Bond Standard
- The AMF proposes to introduce into European law minimum environmental requirements that financial products should meet in order to be categorized as Article 8 or Article 9 that would usefully complement the current regulatory structure.
- The European Commission presented its Industrial Green Deal to improve the competitiveness of European industry in order to achieve its carbon neutrality goal.
- Public consultation on first land science-based targets: the Science Based Target Network has opened a public consultation on its draft technical guidelines to equip companies to set the first targets based on earth sciences, focusing on the protection and restoration of ecosystems
- The ban on the sale of thermal cars by 2035 has been approved by the European Parliament
Figure of the month
The amount of the first green emission from a car rental company. The issuer Hertz has completed a $800 million transaction through a green asset backed security (ABS) to increase the share of electric vehicles of its fleet to 25% within two years.
Market returns (%)
Data as of January 02/28/2023 - Sources : Bloomberg MSCI Euro Green Bond Index et Bloomberg MSCI Global Green Bond Index
Sustainable issuances evolution ($ Bn)
Sources : Bloomberg / Ostrum AM - Data as of 02/28/2023