Acting as a responsible investor
"With our expertise in esg management, we help our clients to realise their commitments to responsible investment"
Head of Research and SRI
of our AuM include ESG criteria, i.e. €254.9bn
SRI-labelled funds , i.e. €42.5bn (2020, december)
PRI rating for all its asset classes under management
Our Key Objectives
the amount of green bonds in our portfolios (2020)
of open-ended funds AuM in SRI-labelled funds (2022)
of our AuM include ESG criteria in 2021
Read more about our integration of ESG criteria and our strategies suited to each client's needs by uploading our CSR Report
Strengthening our contribution to the fight against global warming
In line with the commitments made by the Paris financial marketplace at the COP21 in 2015, Ostrum AM is committed to actively contribute to the paramount fight against global warming and the transition to a low-carbon economy. Following the Declaration of the Financial Marketplace of 2 July 2019, Ostrum AM has further strengthened its, both in its policies and by involving in discussions within the financial community.
THE PILLARS OF OUR CLIMATE COMMITMENT
- Strengthening our coal exlusion policy
- Maintaining a constant dialogue with market authorities and executives in companies in which we have a stake to share with them the risks and opportunities of climate change for their business model
- Integrating in all our analyses
- Developing a product offer that meets our customers’ climate policies (portfolio with controlled carbon impact, targeted exclusions, products contributing to the energy transition, etc.)
A strict exclusion policy
In full compliance with the Ottawa Convention and the Oslo Treaty, we have excluded all companies involved in manufacturing, using, storing, trading or transferring anti-personnel landmines and/or cluster bombs.
We have excluded all listed and non-listed companies that have committed serious and proven violations of the principles defended by the UN Global Compact and/or the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises in the areas of human rights, labour rights, environmental protection and business ethics.
Ostrum AM will no longer invest in companies that develop new coal projects.
Ostrum AM will no longer invest in companies that have not set out a transition plan by 2021 to exit the coal sector in alignment with the Paris Agreement.
Ostrum AM halted investment in companies that derive more than 25% of their revenue streams from coal in June 2019, while definitive divestment is slated by June 2021.
Coal issuers that are not ruled out on the basis of previous criteria will be excluded as of January 1, 2021 if they exceed the other thresholds set out by the 2019 Global Coal Exit List (GCEL)
Ostrum AM strictly complies with current regulation and as such does not invest in :
- Countries under US and European embargo, which would contravene current restrictions, or
- those which have been identified as strategically failing to combat money laundering and terrorist financing by the Financial Task Force (FATF).
We implemented a blanket exclusion policy for tobacco in 2018.
We engage ongoing dialogue with companies
A RESPONSIBLE VOTING POLICY
In line with our approach as a responsible investor, we conduct our voting activity in the exclusive interest of our shareholders, according to the principles of high standards, transparency and dialogue, taking into account their expectations in terms of environmental, social and governance issues.
- 98.9% of possible votes cast
- 10,692 resolutions voted
- 729 participations in general Assemblies
MAINTAINING A CONSTRUCTIVE DIALOGUE WITH ISSUERS
- 150 companies addresses via individual engagement initiatives
- Nearly 1,000 meetings and exchanges with companies
- including 500 of which with fixed income issuers
Our CSR news
12/10/2020 viewsPress releaseOstrum Asset Management (Ostrum AM), an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers, has revised its co ...
11/12/2020 viewsPress releaseSix asset management companies representing nearly 3 trillion euros1 in assets under management – Am ...
10/18/2019 viewsArticleOstrum AM ranks No.5 in the list of Top 10 responsible asset managers in the 2019 Hirschel and Krame ...