Read our market review and find out all about our theme of the week in MyStratWeekly with our experts Stéphane Déo, Axel Botte, Aline Goupil-Raguénès and Zouhoure Bousbih.
Topic of the week: semiconductors and the US/China Technology race
- Semiconductors have become one of the most important industries in the world because they are at the heart of economic growth, security and technological innovation;
- Despite colossal investments in this industry, China is lagging behind, making it dependent on the rest of the world, especially Taiwan and South Korea;
- This has not escaped the US administration, which has increased trade sanctions against its technology giant Huawei, but also by putting pressure on chip suppliers, such as Taiwan;
- “Dual circulation” is China’s strategy to be less dependent on the rest of the world.
Market review: A silent Fed
- Powell fails to provide guidance, yields press higher
- Nasdaq plunges 7,5% in 11 days
- Credit spreads unscathed amid rate volatility
- European banks outperform
Chart of the week
Figure of the week
Brent prices exceeded 70$ briefly today for the first time since May 2019.
Prices are up more than 250% since last year’s lows.
To go further