Read our market review and find out all about our theme of the week in MyStratWeekly with our experts Stéphane Déo, Axel Botte, Aline Goupil-Raguénès and Zouhoure Bousbih.
Topic of the week: Europe: japanification?
- The similarities between Europe and Japan are indisputable, and worrying: ageing of the population, zero rates, etc;
- There are also important differences which make it possible to hope that Europe is not caught up in a deflationary spiral. The main difference is the strength and speed of monetary policy response;
- The main point then is perhaps the fact that doubt remains. The efforts made have put the area on a different trajectory than that of Japan. But the battle is far from won.
Market review: Italian worries
• Fed to hold policy unchanged this week;
• Italian higher on political woes;
• Technology, stay-at-home stocks advanced sharply last week.