Read our market review and find out all about our theme of the week in MyStratWeekly with our experts Stéphane Déo, Axel Botte, Aline Goupil-Raguénès and Zouhoure Bousbih.
Topic of the week: A game changer for banks?
- We show that the health of the banking sector is of key importance for the implementation of monetary policy. Hence the ’s attention to the sector.
- European banks are still plagued with many issues and low profitability, we show that they have also undergone profound structural changes and have a very different risk profile than it used to.
- The more favorable guidance, just released by the
, on banks merger is not a game changer but could hasten the process of consolidation.
Market review: Profit taking across financial markets
- Biden announces $1.9T relief plan
- Political risk returns in Italy
- T-note yield below 1.10%
- Equities consolidate towards weekly close