Ostrum Asset Management further ramps up its responsible investment approach and attains the French state SRI accreditation for two bond funds
Ostrum Asset Management (Ostrum AM), an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers, has achieved the French state SRI1 accreditation for two of its bond funds with assets under management of more than €1 billion2.
Download press release
An ambitious SRI accreditation policy
The Ostrum SRI Obli 3-5 ans3 fund is one of the first sovereign and quasi-sovereign bond investment funds4 to achieve the accreditation in France, while the Ostrum SRI Euro Aggregate fund becomes one of the few aggregate funds to carry an SRI endorsement, and the largest in terms of assets under management with €870.7 million5. Both funds will comply with the French state SRI label’s new set of standards aimed at improving transparency requirements for investors on the one hand, and introducing more stringent ESG criteria on the other (Environmental, Social, Governance).
A comprehensive responsible investment approach
Ostrum Asset Management is a well-established responsible investment advocate6, and these fresh accreditations further attest to our commitment. Our approach is reflected day-to-day as we incorporate ESG materiality systematically across all fundamental analysis7, applying sector and exclusion policies – particularly on tobacco and coal – and reinforcing our engagement policy8. Ostrum AM manages close to thirty open-ended and dedicated funds that carry accreditations with total assets under management of more than €54.7 billion9. 92% of assets in our open-ended funds eligible for accreditation already carry the SRI label, and our goal is to attain this certification for 100% of eligible open-ended funds’ assets by end-2022.
Supporting institutional investors in their ESG programs
In addition to our SRI accreditation program, we inform our clients and support them in building their own ESG policies, combining fiduciary responsibility – their commitment to their own clients – with their responsibility as investors. Ostrum AM also offers accreditations for investment mandates and dedicated funds on client request.
Alexandre Caminade, CIO Core Fixed Income & Liquid Alternatives at Ostrum AM, states: “With these two new SRI accreditations, we echo once more our determination to pursue a responsible investment approach and reiterate our commitment to supporting our clients in their ESG strategy by offering them a 360-degree view – from defining their ESG policy to applying regulation and including accreditation of their dedicated funds or mandates at their request.”
1. For more details on the methodology, visit the website www.lelabelisr.fr. References to a ranking, accreditation, award and/or rating are not an indication of the fund’s or asset manager’s future results.
2. Funds mentioned in this document are approved by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) and authorized for sale in France and potentially in other countries where authorized by law. Prior to any investment, you are responsible for checking if the fund is approved for sale in other relevant countries and if investors are legally authorized to invest in this fund.
3. Source Ostrum AM at end-October 2021 – The Ostrum SRI Obli 3-5 ans fund has €167.8 million in net assets. The Ostrum SRI Euro Aggregate fund has €870.7 million in net assets. Natixis Investment Managers International is the fund management company. Ostrum AM is delegated financial manager.
4. Debt issued by supranational organizations, local authorities, agencies, etc.
5. Source Ostrum AM at end-October 2021. Visit lelabelisr.fr, europerformance for more details.
6. Integration of ESG dimensions involves including ESG matters in analysis and investment decisions. Our ESG integration approach varies from one fund to another, and incorporation of ESG factors does not necessarily mean that investment vehicles seek to drive a positive ESG impact.
7. Excluding ABS and order reception-transmission.
8. For more details on Ostrum AM’s exclusion approach and engagement policy, visit our website ostrum.com.
9. Source Ostrum AM at end-October 2021. Funds managed by Ostrum AM, directly or via delegation of financial management.
About Ostrum Asset Management
Ostrum Asset Management draws on its investment expertise to enhance the impact of its clients’ commitments as they act together to support European citizens’ life plans, health and retirement.
A European institutional investment management leader1, Ostrum Asset Management supports its clients in their liability-driven investments, offering both asset management solutions on the back of its long-standing fixed-income and insurance-related management expertise (equity and fixed income), and investment services via its innovative technological platform.
Ostrum Asset Management is a well-established responsible investment advocate2 and manages €439 billion3 in assets for large institutional clients – insurers, pension funds, health insurers, corporations – as well as €577 billion3 in assets under administration for professional investors worldwide across all asset classes.
Ostrum Asset Management is an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers.
1. IPE Top 500 Asset Managers 2021 ranked Ostrum AM as the 51st largest asset manager, as at 12/31/2020. Any reference to a ranking, a rating or an award provides no guarantee for future performance.
2. Ostrum AM was one of the first French asset manager signatories to the PRI in 2008. More details; www.unpri.org
3. Source: Ostrum Asset Management, consolidated data at end-September 2021. Administered assets include Ostrum AM's assets. The services provided for a given client may concern certain services only.
About Natixis Investment Managers
Natixis Investment Managers’ multi-affiliate approach connects clients to the independent thinking and focused expertise of more than 20 active managers. Ranked among the world’s largest asset managers1 with nearly $1.4 trillion assets under management2 (€1,199.4 billion), Natixis Investment Managers delivers a diverse range of solutions across asset classes, styles, and vehicles, including innovative environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategies and products dedicated to advancing sustainable finance. The firm partners with clients in order to understand their unique needs and provide insights and investment solutions tailored to their long-term goals.
Headquartered in Paris and Boston, Natixis Investment Managers is wholly owned by Natixis. Natixis is a subsidiary of BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France. Natixis Investment Managers’ affiliated investment management firms include AEW; Alliance Entreprendre; AlphaSimplex Group; DNCA Investments3, Dorval Asset Management; Flexstone Partners; Gateway Investment Advisers; Harris Associates; Investors Mutual Limited; Loomis, Sayles & Company; Mirova; MV Credit; Naxicap Partners; Ossiam; Ostrum Asset Management; Seeyond; Seventure Partners; Thematics Asset Management; Vauban Infrastructure Partners; Vaughan Nelson Investment Management; and WCM Investment Management. Additionally, investment solutions are offered through Natixis Investment Managers Solutions and Natixis Advisors, LLC. Not all offerings are available in all jurisdictions. For additional information, please visit Natixis Investment Managers’ website at im.natixis.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/natixis-investment-managers.
Natixis Investment Managers’ distribution and service groups include Natixis Distribution, LLC, a limited purpose broker-dealer and the distributor of various U.S. registered investment companies for which advisory services are provided by affiliated firms of Natixis Investment Managers, Natixis Investment Managers S.A. (Luxembourg), Natixis Investment Managers International (France), and their affiliated distribution and service entities in Europe and Asia.
1. Cerulli Quantitative Update: Global Markets 2021 ranked Natixis Investment Managers as the 15th largest asset manager in the world based on assets under management as of December 31, 2020.
2. Assets under management (“AUM”) as of September 30, 2021 are $1,390 billion. AUM, as reported, may include notional assets, assets serviced, gross assets, assets of minority-owned affiliated entities and other types of non-regulatory AUM managed or serviced by firms affiliated with Natixis Investment Managers. Excluding H2O Asset Management.
3. A brand of DNCA Finance.